Welcome to your Museum!
Bart the Art Bat has come up with tons of fun things for kids and adults to do together! Explore, discover, and create art with Bart the Art Bat.
- Explore the world
- Discover new things
- Create art
- Share quality family time
- Make new memories
- Have tons of fun with your family!
Some Tips for a Fun Family Visit
Don’t Try Too Much!
There is lots to see and do at the Museum, but little legs and little eyes get tired easily. Plan to spend about 30 minutes to an hour at the Museum with your child.
You can have a great time looking at just a few works of art. Click here for tips on looking at art with children.
Visit Bart’s ArtVenture! or Bart’s Lair Under the Stairs for a fun hands-on experience. For large groups, one adult chaperone is required for every four children visiting Bart's ArtVenture, and works with his/her assigned group of children.
Explore the Museum with a Scavenger Hunt. Look for clues, find the art, and investigate cool details along the way!
Attend a fun program. Click here for a list of family programs and events.
Remember, we are FREE and open six days a week, so you can come back as often as you like!
Snacks and drinks may be enjoyed in the café, Museum lobby or the Charles W. Ireland Sculpture Garden.
- In the Museum galleries, please look with your eyes–not with your hands. Even clean hands leave dirt and oils that can damage works of art.
- Adults, please stay with your children and explore together.
- Please keep a safe distance from the art (at least two feet).
- Please leave backpacks and large items in your car, or check them into a locker.
- If you want to take pictures, just ask the Security Officer at either entrance for a camera pass. Remember to turn your flash off–bright light can hurt some works of art.
Museum staff and volunteers are happy to answer your questions. Look for them in Bart’s ArtVenture!, Museum entrances, and the Visitor Information Desk.
Before you leave…
Visit the Museum Store and take home art supplies, books, postcards, and more to remind you of your visit.